Friday, October 3, 2008

NKOTB still Rock!

Pre-Show at Rosa Mexicana

Jaime, Kristin, and Me

I honestly remember when New Kids on the Block came on the music scene. Although, I admit I was not a fan until the second album. It was 1988 and I was only 7 years old, but I loved Hangin Tough. The title track, You got the Right Stuff, Cover Girl, Please Don't Go Girl-yep, I was a fan. Everyone was NKOTB crazed. I bought the t-shirts, the BIG buttons, jewelry, the sleeping bag, the beach towel, books, magazines. I even had a Jordan doll, too. Oh, how I loved Jordan Knight. Somehow, I convinced my grandmother to buy me a $50 framed poster of the group. I am sure if I looked in my mom's storage area of the basement I could proabbly find some of these "keepsakes."
A few years later, Step by Step was released. I was a few years older and gasp, I was able to go to my very first concert. So, the poor Dad's on the block(no pun intended) had to take all their darling, screaming girls to a concert in D.C.

Shortly after the boys faded away and my childhood crush faded away.

Now, 15 years larer they are back and on tour. What to do? Buy a ticket, of course. My good friend, Jaime and I proudly purchased tickets to the boy band's show in D.C. and may I just say that it was amazing. I walked in thinking, this will either be cheesy or they will be trying to hard to be cool. It was actually a good mix of both to make an amazing concert. It was sort of surreal to hear songs I still remembered and others that jogged my memory after a few lyrics. They even did some old school dances, which is awesome. These ex-heartthrobs can still work it. It was a great concert and jaime and I had a blast.


Oh, and in case you are keeping score-this is Baby Z's second concert to date. My poor baby is gonna come out with boy bands ringing in his or her ears. Sorry baby:) But, it was fun telling my oldest friend, Kristin, the happy news. And Jaime was thrilled to hear another baby is on it's way.





1 comment:

laura said...

I so remember the BIG buttons! Wish I could have been there to "Hang Tough" with ya'll!