Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Let It Snow




We are experiencing our first snow of the season. WE love the SNOW!!!

Snow days when you were younger always meant a time to go sledding, make snowmen, and have snowball fights. Around noon, you would go in for tomato soup and a grilled cheese to warm up, and off you were again.

As you got older it meant a whole day to get into mischief, as well. Mitch let me know they had the best contests of taking one another down in the snow...

In college, snow days meant you had that extra day to finish your paper or your reading assignment. Well, at least that was how I used them because I was a dork about my grades.

I still love snow days because as a teacher I will get the day off. As my husband used to point out, when he worked for the government-snow days are not great for everyone because most people still have to go to work. I sympathize with this, but that is a major advantage to being a teacher. Today we got out 2 hours early, love it. So, snow days have now become an excuse not to be at work, and still get paid. My regrets to those who still have to go to work on these days, though.

No comments: