Saturday, February 21, 2009

32 Weeks

Not really much to report. We headed to our 32-week appointment on Friday(actually, 33 weeks). Baby's heartbeat is strong and from what Dr. P. can tell by massaging my belly, baby seems to be ready for birth. I was curious as to what I was feeling everytime the baby moved. So, Dr.P. did a quick evalution. From what she can tell, baby's feet are on my left side, bottom in my right rib cage, back along my right side, and hands and feet on my bottom left die, and head at the bottom of my belly. I have no idea how she could tell that, but that is why they pay her the big bucks. We have one more appointment before we start going for weekly exams. We are coming down to the wire.

Dr. P was curious as to what courses we have taken to prepare for childbirth, umm...none. Mitch has seen 3 births already, one natural and 2 C-sections. Who would have thought he would see someone else give birth before me:) And the way I see it, I am not gonna spend hundreds of dollars on classes that reiterate everything my not-so-cheap pregnancy books highlight in extreme detail. What if I spend $150 dollars on a lamaze class and end up with a c-section, money well spent??? Oh, well-we like to wing things.

2 comments:

laura said...

You look fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

I didnt take any birthing classes. No need really...unless you are going drug free. THEN breathing techniques help. But let's be serious here........