Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mitch is a Daddy

One of the most precious things to find out is that you are going to be a mommy. It is amazing to think that in 9 months you will bring a life into this world. And during those months you will house and protect your tiny baby. You will experience a closeness to your child that no one else ever will. It is an unexplainable feeling. You want to shout out to everyone that you are expecting a bundle of joy.
So, how do you share this amazing news with your husband. You shower him with gifts and books, of course. At least I did. I wanted Mitch to feel close to the baby, as well. So, I went out and bought onesies, Daddy and Me Books, stuffed animals, etc. I placed them all on the table in our home, so they would be the first things he saw upon arriving home from a 24-hour shift at the fire station.
Discovering you are going to be a mommy is a wonderful moment. However, seeing your husband's face sink in that he is going to be a daddy is the most memorable moment I have experienced thus far in our journey to parenthood.

Mitch and the adorable "We're Expecting" card I found

The Staging of Gifts



Alligator and Lovebug Onesies

A Boy or a Girl, we won't know for 9 more months

The Wine Lover's Onesies

DAD!

At least 20 or so Daddy and Me related books


Mitch loved alligators as a child, so this was very fitting...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sooooo excited!!! I must start shopping now.

Congrats. You two are going to be wonderful parents.